Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Music/ Background music

 Why music is important in a film opening

Music is an essential element of any film, and its importance in the opening sequence cannot be overstated. The opening of a film sets the tone for the entire story and creates the initial emotional connection with the audience. Music has the power to enhance the emotional impact of a film, and it can be used to evoke different emotions in the audience. 

Here are some reasons why music is so important in a film's opening sequence: 

Establishes the mood - Music is often used in the opening sequence to set the mood and tone for the film. For example, if the film is a horror movie, the music might be dark and foreboding to create a sense of dread and unease in the audience. 

Creates anticipation - The opening music can also create anticipation and excitement in the audience. If the music is upbeat and energetic, it can create a sense of excitement and anticipation for what's to come. 

Introduces the themes - Music can also be used to introduce the film's themes and motifs. For example, if the film is about a character's journey of self-discovery, the opening music might be reflective and introspective to introduce this theme. 

Establishes the era - The music in the opening sequence can also be used to establish the era in which the film is set. For example, if the film is set in the 1960s, the music might be from that time period to create a sense of authenticity and nostalgia. 

Overall, music is a critical element in a film's opening sequence because it sets the tone, creates anticipation, introduces themes, and establishes the era. It can evoke emotions, create atmosphere, and immerse the audience in the world of the film from the very beginning.



What song I want to use

So the song that I want to use is "I Wanna Be Sedated" by the Ramones. I think that this will fit well within my film. It would also fit the vibe that I want to receive when watching my film. I've already contacted the owner for the song and now just waiting for a response from them. If I do not receive an email from them, I will use a non copyrighted song that will set the same tone and vibe that I want from "I Wanna Be Sedated".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Here are the links to both of my CCR creations: Talk Show https://youtu.be/vhC0zmxl_10 Podcast https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QWiEuB_yYpM...