Friday, March 10, 2023

Storyboarding

 What is storyboarding?

Storyboarding is a visual planning tool used in various creative industries such as film, animation, advertising, and video game development. It involves creating a sequence of illustrations or images to represent the flow of a story or concept, usually accompanied by brief notes describing the action or dialogue taking place. 

The purpose of storyboarding is to provide a visual representation of the narrative or concept in a clear and concise way, allowing for efficient communication and collaboration between different members of a creative team. It helps to establish the pacing, composition, and overall structure of a project, and can also be used to identify potential issues or areas for improvement before production begins.

Storyboarding importance

Storyboarding is important because it allows creators to: 

Visualize the story: Storyboarding helps creators to visualize the story and determine the visual representation of each scene. It helps to develop the look and feel of the project, including the framing, composition, lighting, and color. 

Plan the project: Storyboarding helps creators to plan the project by breaking down the story into individual scenes and shots. It helps to establish the pacing, sequence, and flow of the story, as well as identify any potential issues before production begins. 

Communicate the vision: Storyboarding allows creators to communicate their vision to the rest of the team, including directors, animators, cinematographers, and editors. It helps to ensure everyone is on the same page and working towards the same goal. 

Save time and money: Storyboarding can save time and money by identifying potential problems before production begins. It helps to avoid reshoots, revisions, and other costly mistakes by addressing them during the pre-production phase.

My storyboard

Below is my storyboard, I will use these images and descriptions to help me when I am filming to tell me what shots I should be using and will this as a reference if I seem I cant remember what shots I should be using:



Although I will not be using exactly what is on the storyboard, it will be very similar as I am using this a reference while I am filming my video. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Here are the links to both of my CCR creations: Talk Show https://youtu.be/vhC0zmxl_10 Podcast https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QWiEuB_yYpM...